IPOP 2010 SUIVI--UPDATE- LETTRE DE MADISON MCALEER--LETTER FROM MADISON MCALEER

IPOP Los Angeles was just 9 months back but it seems like forever!
I spent long hours and late nights at JRP. My weekends were spent catching up on homework.
My Dad always said that “hard work” will pay off but I didn’t really know hat that meant.
But I dedicated my heat and soul to IPOP and I poured it all out on the carpets of California.
The two weeks after IPOIP felt like a “hangover”.
I’m only 9 nine years and I can already say that IPOP was the toughest and most amazing week of my life!
I still read the signatures and messages on my canvas IPOP bag in the car on my way to a 16 hour weekend intensive workshop at JRP.
To all my IPOP-LA friends I wish you good luck and success in your career.
As for me, well LA was pretty good. One week after LA I flew to New York. I rode in a limo, went to see Phantom of the Opera, stood on top of the Empire State building, and signed an agency contract with MMG. I spent the next four months driving 12 hours back and forth to the “Big Apple” for ten minute auditions.
Thank goodness for the DVD player in Dad’s SUV.

In March I started getting audition requests for Toronto – mostly fashion print and commercials.
And then in May I booked my first job! I was so excited that I jumped up and down for
half an hour. I landed a commercial for a German sausage company – and the shoot was in Halifax.
Being on set was so amazing! There were so many people running around setting up equipment, fixing lights, and screaming “quiet on the set”.
The best part is all the food you always have on a shoot.
I even had to learn my lines in German!
I spent three days shooting in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia in beautiful weather at a private estate on the ocean – awesome!
One week after the commercial my agent called to say that I landed a speaking role in a Hollywood blockbuster film called “Immortals”.
I was going to play a young high priestess. I had a dialect coach and we had meetings on Skype because I had to learn my lines in ancient Greek!
I can’t wait to get a part where I can speak English.
The film is directed by Tarsem Singh, a famous director from India known for films and
commercials.
Mickey Rourke and Freida Pinto are the big stars. I got to meet Kellan Lutz on set - he’s Emmett in Twilight. I had my name on one of those trailers, had four wardrobe fittings, a makeup artist, and had to dye my hair three shades darker!
I spent three days shooting the movie and I saw the most amazing stuff – people in scary monster costumes, warriors with blood makeup, special effects green screens, and of course tonnes of food.
The only problem is my Dad says I can’t watch the film when it comes out because there is too much violence for kids – that sucks!
Last month, I went to audition for a new Hollywood film called “Moth Diaries” to play the young version of the female lead for flashback scenes.
When I finished the audition, the casting director came running down the hall calling my name. She told me that I looked a lot like this actress on a CBC sitcom called 18 to Life and asked me if I would mind reading a few lines on camera.
She printed the sides and gave me ten minutes to rehearse in the lobby with my Dad.
I booked the role for 18 to Life a week later and will be shooting my episode in September. I am still waiting for news for the Moth Diaries.
In the past few weeks I went to a bunch of auditions in Toronto and I just booked a
commercial print ad for Wal-Mart
that shoots next week.
Last week I auditioned in Toronto for the “pilot” for a new series called “A Guy Named Sue”. It’s about a tough Dad that has to raise three daughters after our mom leaves.
If I get the role, I will have a supporting role in a national prime time series.
I am keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed!
It’s been an awesome summer and sometimes I can’t believe all of the amazing things I got to do in the last few months.

That’s all for now – I hope to send another update shortly with details about some new projects.

Always Smile – Work hard – Have fun

Love,
Madison!
--------------------
Merci Madison pour ta lettre et félicitation pour tous tes nouveaux projects! Nous te souhaitons bonne chance pour tes futurs projects et nous sommes très fiers de toi!
----
Thank you Madison for your letter and congratulations on all your new projects! We wish you the best of luck for any upcoming projects and we are very proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment